Explain the features of effective team performance
Effective teamwork creates its own set of characteristics that makes it possible to see the consistency in a group. When an efficient team gets to work, the agreement that has been put into place helps the group achieve successful results. In order to create a productive team, you first need to be able to recognize the type of effective teamwork.
A team is created to complete the goals it is given. An effective team is excited to completing its goal by using the team’s resources. It does not mean that as individuals the people that make up the team share the same point of view. It means that when the team is presented with a goal, they can come together and work as a single unit to accomplish the task.
There are a number of features of a team which make it different from a group:
1. In an effective team, members share a high level of dedication to achieving the common objective.
2. Members of effective team knowledge a high level of satisfaction from being part of and working with the team.
3. In an effective team, members work well together in an integrated way, with a high level of awareness and understanding of each others’ strengths.
4. An effective team shows a high capability for solving its own problems. The skills exist and there is a willingness to act.
5. Most significant from the organization’s point of view is that an effective team is one producing high quality results. High quality results, it could be reasonably argued, are the outcome from the other characteristics of the effective team.
The qualities of a successful work team are, therefore, identifiable, quite specific and measurable. Although any group can possess any or all these characteristics, an effective team must display them all.